Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have an H264 8 channel system. All pictures flicker except…

Customer Question
I have an H264...

I have an H264 8 channel system. All pictures flicker except for one.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

ECO LH110 series H264 8 channel and its about 6-8yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried unplugging everything and start plugging 1 at a time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

It started from a dog run tangled in 1 camera wire. Installed a new hard drive in March 2017.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Answered in 1 day by:
11/8/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • reboot the system;
  • • remove all the 7 cameras that flicker;
  • • use the camera that does not flicker and test each of the 7 VIDEO INPUT ports;
  • • the idea is to eliminate the possibility that the flickering issue is an internal issue with the DVR's electronics;
  • • re-check the video cable and the power supply connections of the 7 cameras;
  • • if able, swap the power supply from the non-flickering camera and test on the other 7 cameras.