Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

How do I reset the alarm code and also reset the door alarm…

Customer Question
How do I reset...

How do I reset the alarm code and also reset the door alarm that lets you know when a door is opened without the alarm being set.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Ademco Visa-20p at least 10 yrs old maybe more

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It has been like this for about six months, started after a thunder storm, haven's done anything because I don't know what to do

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

I recently bought this house and the previous owners never knew the code

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
10/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can turn the Chime on or off on your alarm panel by following the sequence below:

You will want to enter in you Master code + [9]. When you turn the Chime on the panel will beep and show: "Ready Chime". When you turn the Chime off you do the same thing as before Master code +[9] and again you will hear another beep but the screen will just show: "Ready".

E.g. [1234] + 9 for Chime Off, enter it again for Chime On.

tried this several times, nothing happens, chime is not on

Are you certain that you are entering the correct code?

What is showing on the display?

I am entering 9 the only thing showing on the display is FC
I told the girl from the beginning that I did NOT have the master code!

Well you need to enter the Master code to make this work.

However, if you do not know the code then an installer can reset the system and give you a new code.

why did we go through all this if right from the beginning I said I did not have the master code, this was no help

I do not see where you said you did not have the Master code.

Can you point it out to me please?

In the last sentence the girl to emailed with said
customer - I just bought this home and the former owners did not give me the code

That is NOT what the last sentence says. Read it again. You did not tell me that you did not have the Master code.

If the previous owners never knew the code they could not have given it to me

No, but someone else could have given it to you or you could have obtained it some other way.

Please be clearer in the information you are presenting. I can only base my answer on the information that I am given.

If you do not know the code then an installer can reset the system and give you a new code.

Pete, Electronic Engineer