Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

One camera always display in black and ..and another camera…

Customer Question
Hi one camera always...

Hi one camera always display in black and white..and another camera at night time only 3/4 of red infared lights are lit up?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

LBV2521 only 3 months old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

First camera black and white for 3 weeks..I blocked the camera in day time with cloth and tried to get it to correct...did not help..other camer with infa red problem I reset system, unplugged camera no success

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
10/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you connect the cameras to a different port on the DVR

When you do that, do you still have the issue?

Tried that still same issue

Thanks

Remove the power to the DVR, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me if it improves please

We tried thst also a week ago

Thanks

It is the cameras themselves that has faulted, one is the color sensor and the other is thecontrol board for the infrared LED's

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have them replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you