Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

We have a Lorex wired security system, within the last 2…

Customer Question
We have a Lorex...

We have a Lorex wired security system, within the last 2 days the 8 pics on the monitor have gone black (blank). We have tried every trouble shooting suggestion that we have come across online. There is currently power and internet connection. Furthermore all connections from the monitor to the cameras are complete. We have done nothing to interfere with the operation of the system no issues in the last 4 years. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of the camera? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Well I can provide you with the info on the front of the far, which is LOREX 1080p HE Recorder

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It just happened 2 days ago. We have tried powering the unit down, then restarting. Trying a different USB port, checking all connections including a valid power source

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Security Expert to know before I connect you?

Well the monitor screen does have power with 8 pic. Windows except no camera views just black screen. Thank you

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Answered in 1 day by:
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

If you disconnect a camera from the DVR, do you then get a no signal message showing?

Please let me know