Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

What should I do with a Nest Cam that is running fine and…

Customer Question
What should I do with...
What should I do with a Nest Cam that is running fine and connected to WiFi and currently streams video on its app, but for some reason I can not connect it with Wink app following its instructions?I just don’t know why it won’t connect. My ring components connects without issue to my new Wink hub.What is likely the cause of the problem?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Benjamin Larson, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Benjamin Larson
Benjamin Larson, Customer Service

Hi, I'm Benjamin. Welcome to our site. I'm reviewing your question now and I'll reply with more details ASAP.

Wink 1 or Wink 2?

What directions have you followed and where did you experience the issue? I've got a lot of smarthome devices and sometimes they can be tricky.

All of them though the issue is after I press the accept button in which it gives me message saying its taking longer than usual. The nest app is already set up and streaming.

So you have both a Wink 1 and a Wink 2 hub? Are you using both at once?

What else is connected to your Wink device? You said ring components?

Are you using the wink app on your phone?

I have a Wink 1 and a Nest at home, I'll try to duplicate your issue and see if I can troubleshoot what you are experiencing - can you give me the general process of what you did where you are seeing the error? It sounds like maybe a network issue at this point, but I want to do more research to understand.

I have Ring connected.I asked Wink.com and shut down and restarted both the Wink app and the nest app and successfully connected the nest to the Ring later. I guess this is a glitch in the app system.
Sorry: to answer your first question: I just bought a wink hub 2. (I do not have a wink 1).
connected via Ethernet cable to the router.

Okay, so I looked and I actually don't have my wink hub setup yet, but I have the Nest Cam and Wink app working. The documentation also shows that you pair the nest and wink together via the Wink app. You "add" the nest cam via the app. Did you try doing that?