Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

We bought this house over a year ago with the security

Customer Question
We bought this house...

We bought this house over a year ago with the security system. We didn't get the security code from the pervious owners and I pushed some buttons and the alarm went off. How do I stop it?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

GE networx I don't know the age

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just pushed some buttons and it went off just now. How do I turn it off?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
I need to know how to reset the code when you don't have original.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
9/19/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You will need to enter the code to stop the alarm.

If you don't know the code then your only other option is to have the alarm system disabled by removing the power supply and backup battery.

We've done that and still aren't able to turn power on without alarm sounding.

Have you removed all backup batteries? There is sometimes one in the loft or the bell housing.

We got power off to the alarm and it went off. How can I arm the security system without the security code?

It isn't possible to arm or disarm the system without the security code.

You can disable the system or have an installer reconfigure it.