Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Vizio soundbar (model # SB3851-DO) It plays through

Customer Question

I have a Vizio soundbar (model # SB3851-DO) It plays through my TV but not when I play a DVD. The soundbar is routed through my cable box. What do I need to do to have the sound from a DVD go through the soundbar?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: It is a Sony Bravia (model KDL-55EX640). I just hooked up the DVD player. I have been using the soundbar for several months.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: TV menu works. The DVD player is the only other thing I have hooked up. Do I need to run a cable from the DVD player to the soundbar also? It is currently going directly to the TV.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just hooked up the player two days ago. The soundbar works great with the TV.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Can you let me know what way you have this connected please and what leads?begin with the TV

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
DVD - audio and video out to audio and video in to tv. Soundbar - digital optical and coaxial cable in to the same out on cable box.

Soundbar - digital optical and coaxial cable in to the same out on cable box.

Can you be more specific about the above is the digital optical from the TV?or the box?

As much accurate info on this please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Digital and coaxial cable goes from sound bar to cable box. I have a HDMI cable going from cable box to TV.

Try connecting the digital optical cable from the TV to the sound bar,let me know how that goes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I might not get back to you until tomorrow though. I have to be
somewhere at six.

OK let me know it should work that way you have not got the DVD in the loop,it wil be when youdo that

One thing that may happen is you may get lip sync issues but its not likely but could happen let me know anyhow