Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

It froze in lock position I guess I was in and out of it a…

Customer Question
It froze in lock...

It froze in lock position I guess I was in and out of it a lot today and then lockup. no extra key on this and it is locked down on concrete and I need a pass key I guess..

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Don't know model it is keypad entry and it is about 4 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just this time have not tried any troubleshooting ???

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
9/6/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Can you see a make or model name or number anywhere on the keypad or the system?

Can you attach a photo of the keypad?

model 2072 I think what happened ws battery went dead.

What is showing on the display?

Have you tried replacing the battery?