Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD THAT I FORGOT, THE DVR, NEW AND…

Customer Question
HOW DO I RESET...

HOW DO I RESET MY PASSWORD ***** I FORGOT

Technician's Assistant: Are you trying to access your DVR using a computer, or on the DVR itself?

THE DVR

Technician's Assistant: Did you buy your DVR new or did you receive it secondhand? Do you have an email address on file for your DVR?

NEW AND IM NOT SURE ABOUT THE EMAIL

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
7/31/2017
Electronics Technician: Eric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Eric, Technician

Hey there, my name is ***** ***** I will personally be assisting you today! I will do all I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions as quickly as possible. While I take a moment to read over your question, please read the following:

• The offers you see for services like Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. If you do not wish to request one of those, then disregard them. I will let you know if I recommend we use one.
  • I am on no way credited for my assistance with you unless you rate my service before you leave. Please take just 2 seconds to rate at the top of this page before you exit :) If for any reason I have not provided you excellent service, please let me know before rating
  • When you rate, you are not rating your product, or this website. You are rating my service to you!

What is the make and model of the device you need to reset a password *****?

QSEE QS408

And I am assuming you need to reset the admin password ***** used to control the entire setup?

Please remember to rate my service before you leave today, and remember it is my service you are rating and not this website or your device. If for ANY reason you feel my service has been anything but excellent, please let me know before rating :)

Ok, with the model you are using, it is considered a late-model Q-SEE device. The only way to have the password ***** is by requesting it. In order to request a password ***** you need to register your device by clicking here. If you already registered it, then go here and request your password. If not, register it and then click on this link.

I can not do that I don't have the purchase date or receipt
its been over 5 years

Ok, no problem, if that is the case you need to contact QSEE here:(###) ###-####/p>

The reason it is so hard to reset your password ***** ***** protect your security recordings. If it was easy to reset, anyone could and then they could alter your recordings when needed, which would not make sense!