Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a Swann 84600T DVRb8 camera system, for some reason

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Swann 84600T DVRb8 camera system, for some reason the tv screen went blank and could no longer detect the HDMI imput from the DVR. No one has touched anything and was working ok as normal before this. I have changed HDMI cables anf tv monitors but no change. Also the green power light is flashing on and off and the blue light does not come on at all.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?
Customer: No we have a stand alone tv unit just for the camera DVR with the only connection is the HDMI for the camera system
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No, also I have noticed that the green flashing light at the rear of the DVR for the internet connection is not flashing and the remote mobile App is not connecting either
JA: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael, an expert in this field. I would be happy to help you with this issue.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating when we are finished ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

How old is your Swann cam system?

Also do you monitor only on a computer screen or a remote monitor for the cameras?

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I purchased the system March 2016, we show the camera live feed on a small flat screen TV that only has the camera system connected via the HDMI. I also monitor the camera via the smartphone App, when the system was working.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for that info. DO you use the same power supply for all these cameras or different one for each?

Thanks

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The kit came with 4 cameras with a power supply that feeds all 4, also I added 2 more cameras that too has its own power supply, then the DVR untit has its own power supply.
When the system went off screen the DVR unit was making a beeping noise.
There is no images shown on the tv screen or any set up screens as the option to choose HDMI connection on the tv is greyed out and cannot be selected. I have connected other devices to the HDMI with no issues to prove thay the tv is not at fault or the leads.RegardsJohn.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thanks.

This is clearly software related, I think everything is working as you would have different ones on and some off if it were the cameras or the monitors or the cables.

It is also possible the system became damaged from a power surge to the main control that the cams plug into.

But I highly doubt that in this instance.

I would contact the manufacturer on this one and send the entire system back to them. This is just out of warranty but they are usually pretty good about doing the repair for a lower than normal cost (rate).

I wish I had better news for you but I have been working with these AV systems for over 45 years and can be sure of this.

This is not something you can update as it requires special equipment they dont offer to any public non professional:-(

The best way to reach the warranty dept or even their repair is by calling the phone # listed in the user guide, it will get you there quickly.

If you cant locate that, please visit this website: http://www.swann.com/us/product-returns

I would call this #:

Contact Swann Tech Support

North America - 24/7 Support

USA & Canada Telephone Support: 1800(###) ###-####(Toll Free)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority. Also you will have free access to me for 30 days;-)
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a Wonderful Evening!

No additional cost to rate kind;-)
Sincerely
Tech Michael