Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have just installed a Lorex CCTV system, but, even though

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
JA: Who makes your home security system?
Customer: I have just installed a Lorex CCTV system, but, even though all cameras are installed, and functioning, the alarm (constant beeping) continues. How does one disengage this alarm?
JA: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks - that's all
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...Lorex CCTV system..."

Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Almost always, the "...alarm (constant beeping) continues..." would be indicative of the system calling the user's attention to a feature that needs checking/correcting.

Still, let's try and review the basics (depending on which model). Proposed preliminary checks(if have not been done) other than "...all cameras are installed, and functioning ...":

• • HDD;
  • • network connection;
  • • motion detection.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
LHV1000 series
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

For the beep / motion detection, open the Main Menu and click System>Motion. In the Buzzer drop-down, select Off. Click Apply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks - will give it a try and let you know
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Great!

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to share the information.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, followed your instructions but I must have a different model, as the instructions you gave do not reflect what information I have. Will take another look
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

I understand.

Still, please click HERE. This is the Instruction Manual for a Lorex LHV1000 Series.

See p.157