Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My intercom only has problems with receiving audio signal

Customer Question

My intercom only has problems with receiving audio signal from unit that is outside the front entrance. Lots of noises from front unit received inside. The outside unit can hear the other three units 10-2 loud and clear.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete make and model number of the Intercom system / outside unit.

Still, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check the connections;
  • • inspect circuit board for corrosion and/or foreign matter;
  • • see if any of the capacitors are bloated or leaking.

All other tests would require the use of a volt/multi-meter.