Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Need to do factory reset on black model #blk-dh201600dh,

Customer Question
Need to do factory...

Need to do factory reset on black model #blk-dh201600dh

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Just sent it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Everything ever since I forgot password

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
3/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello there, my name is***** can help you with your request!

CONFIG menu

Clicking the CONFIG tab opens the system configuration menu. Navigate through the menu items using mouse. You can also

navigate the menus with the p, q, t, and u buttons, and press SEL to select options

LOAD FACTORY DEFAULT: Click the submenu icon. Select YES to reset the system to the factory default settings.

Hope this resolve answers your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do not have a config menu tab
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
everything I click asks for password ***** forgot password

I will be uploading a picture of the unit I think you have.....as soon as you can see it, please let me know if we are talking about the same exact one.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sir

Please try 1111

as the password

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried already no go

So back then do you remember inputting a different password, you just can't remember what it was?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know I changed password

in the case I will need sometime to find out for you a Master Reset option....just keep in mind that such option WOULD ERASE EVERYTHING THAT YOU EVER DONE ON IT.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that would be alright

OK, I will be updating this message board as soon as I find the right answer for you!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you

I have been able to verify that the default password ***** the Admin user is 1111. So I'm looking for a way to reset to defaults., if that's possible on this system.

They have a documented procedure for this, bit it requires getting into the system first do do the reset. (-_-)ゞ

Wonder who thought of that? ٩(๏̯͡๏)ゞ?

Anyway.... since the inside of this is basically a PC, you may be able to override the password ***** get back to defaults by opening the DVR up and locating the PC board - it's pretty small compared to a regular motherboard. Then, with the pc unplugged, remove the coin battery for several seconds. With it removed, make sure there is no power left in the boards by pressing and holding the power key or just turning it on. It may flick on, then off. Then replace the coin battery and see if it brings you through the setup, part of which includes entering the admin password ***** 1111 and then changing it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried twice no go

Hello, did you get to carefully access the inside of the DVR? Did you notice a small round battery in it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
pulled battery twice and nothing happened still invalid password

My last suggestion is somewhat extreme, but it maybe the only option left.

Because of the nature of security that this type of units represent, I'm not surprised why I can't find a backdoor to reset the Administrator password, so Replacing the system's board might be the only option. However if you like I would be happy to open your question to other experts to see if they can shed some light into another possible solution.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would appreciate any help I could get
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
have not got any more suggestions?what gives