Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I have the GE Simon XTi security system, The system was

Customer Question
I have the GE Simon...
I have the GE Simon XTi security system,
The system was purchased from an authorized reseller (Aartech Canada).
All is working in bench tests,
After system is working and there are no Panel Status alerts after a number of hours I will get the Panel Status alert;
"Default Failure. There is no reference to this message in the installer manual and cannot be referenced on the internet of GE Interlogix website. I do not want to install this system until I can fix this issue.
Thanks,
Denis kirk
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Home Security Systems
1/11/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 10 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

From the sound of it, your security panel either is objecting to not being installed, on some periodic check it makes every couple of hours.... or, it is failing a self-check in a manner so basic that there is no code that specifies it, thus it is a 'default' error message about a failure.

If it isn't fully in the system and configured into the system (of sensors etc. around the house or office location), then his indicates it needs to be so configured and hooked into that system.

If it is already configured and hooked up into the local system, then it has a basic failure and you should return it to the seller and ask for an exchange for another, fully working, system box or panel of the same sort that shows this error.

Hi Russell
Thank you for your response. The "Default Failure" code must have a specific explanation. The system is fully configured with all sensors activated and tested.
Denis

I would still say, the keypad or the system box electronics have a basic failure, and I would interpret that message as indicating something of the sort.

But since there might be others that could find more to say about this rather non-specific sounding error message, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts here... without disconnecting myself from the case either. I can still see and respond to any further posts, if I am needed.

Russell H., Service Tech