Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I can ping my internet modem (static IP address) but I

Customer Question
cannot access it from my...
I can ping my internet modem (static IP address) but I cannot access it from my browser (if I type the IP from the http line)
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: D1000 Eircom modem - 6 months old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just since last night - it was ok up til then. I have tried to turn off the firewall in the Eircom modem - that's about it
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2016
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Are you on the same network as the modem or are you remotely accessing it?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can ping (cmd line) and browse from IE11 the modem from the Lan side (192.168.1.254). If I try to hit the Wan Static IP address (89.xx.yyy.zzz) of the modem from either inside or outside of the house from my browser, I get no reply (the web page times out). However, I CAN ping (from the cmd line) that Wan address from either inside or outside my house. (When I say outside my house, I mean over the Wan and away from its wifi).

Yes, that is how it works by default. Are you wanting to remotely manage the router?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I really want to access a DVR that is attached to it. I have already forwarded the ports etc and it was working fine up until last night. I was able to look at the dvr tru the modem by using the Net Suveillance app from my laptop or using an app on my Smartphone. So something has gone haywire with accessing the modem true the Lan within the last 24 hours

Thank you for explaining what the actual problem is. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Story that should have read "haywire with accessing the modem tru the Wan"
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll need to pick it back up tomorrow.... too late now

Okay. I will be here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I see there is a $31.98 charge to my credit card.... help me understand what I received from this charge
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jason - are you online?
To-Shay
To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering