Home Security Systems
Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If it is tripping the circuit breaker switches on the mains, then it has a short circuit or an overload in it. That is a serious defect, and a possible fire hazard.
I advise you to disconnect it from power, examine it for signs of overheating anywhere, and consider all boards with overheating signs to be damaged beyond any approach but replacing the whole board. (Other components near the obviously overheated one may be invisibly damaged, which can happen largely and to a great extent - to the point that the board is not reparable.)
If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!
If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.