Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

My dvr does not seem to want to record in motion status, it

Customer Question
my dvr does not seem...
my dvr does not seem to want to record in motion status
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is about 7 or 8 yrs old it is a qs458-811
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: im not sure i just niticed it not recording today when i tried to figure out hows to remove a alarm picture on my 3 camera 3rg
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: its the 3rd camera
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
11/10/2016
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Are you able to monitor at all? Is it just the recording that isn't working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything works like it's supposed to just wI'll not record with motion detection have
went thru all settings all are as they should be checked both basic and advanced settings all are set as they were when installed
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

to check, it is only one camera from the units that has this issue correct?

Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Technician
Phone call session started

Good morning, I tried to reach you but got no answer, please let me know your time zone and the best time to call you back.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Hi there and welcome

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I live in central time zone and best time to call between 8am and 6pm most days I'm here. Thanks

I see no service offered here for calling

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have paid a total of $56 for the rite to ask a question plus to have tech refer me to a diff tech and for a phone call. I have 8 cameras and none of them record I can monitor them just no record I have went thru setup instrutions both basic and advance but no luck now can you help?

ok no problem, then I will opt out for the expert to call you on.

Richard, Customer Service