Home Security Systems
Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.
Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,
Sorry to hear of any issue you may be having with this system.
In order to help with this issue, may I ask for a few more details such as:
1) What components are installed - in various locations around the house?
2) Did you "old" control EVER work - even when connected to the same outlet as one of the other components?
3) Have you tried MOVING the NEW controller to the same room as another component - to see if it will work there?
4) What is the approximate square footage of the house where these components are installed?
Hi again and thanks for that information.
Can I assume the NEW controller was put in the exact same location as the OLD controller?
OK - a couple of more questions:
1) WHERE was this NEW controller purchased from?
2) Have ANY "appliances" or lighting been added or moved or serviced - since the OLD controller failed and this new one was installed?
I only ask because the X10 signals are highly effected by ANY "noise" on the power lines.
OK - since the new controller is "sporadic" regardless of location, we must assume that it is a weak or marginal unit. And if it was me, and if the controller was purchased through Amazon, especially recently, I would return the unit for an exchange (replacement) unit.
Amazon is pretty good with returns/exchanges - as long as they have the replacement units "in stock" (or in the warehouse).
NOTE: I have a link to this particular controller on Amazon - as an example only - to show that they do appear to be "in stock".
I don't know if that is the same "seller", as often the seller changes based on where you are in relation to the closest warehouse.
Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions.
Thanks, ***** *****
I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?
I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.
Thanks, ***** *****--. .-(im)