Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I'm the second owner of a house and the previous owner

Customer Question
didn't leave a master code...
I'm the second owner of a house and the previous owner didn't leave a master code for our DSC Power 832 system. It's not monitored and we've never used it - but for some reason (I think my toddler was pressing buttons) it's now armed and either beeping or the siren is screaming. I have to flip the breaker to make it stop - but then it arms itself again. how do i make this stop? signed, on edge mom :)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
10/21/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

For this sort of (severe, bothersome) problem, there are some things you can try:

1. if you were left with a User Code, or some other code, for this system, you can try entering the code. See if that ends the alarm status / armed status, if you enter the code number followed by END, or followed by STOP.

2. if you were left with no code, and if you have any patience with the siren and alarm, you can try entering a default Engineer Code for your system.

3. if the first two options are no-go, or not good for meeting your needs, we can tell you how to permanently (and with only a slight destructiveness and with no risk to your safety) disable the alarm system permanently.

Let me know what you think would be best to try for. Thanks.

To-Shay
To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering