Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I have a QT426 DVR system that I have had for approx. 5

Customer Question
years, stored in a box...
I have a QT426 DVR system that I have had for approx. 5 years, stored in a box. I have unfortunately forgotten the passwords. How can I reset the unit to default?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: QT426 Q-See. I have had the unit since approximately 2005, possibly longer, but it's been very long
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just now got the unit out of the box, as I am preparing to install it in my new home that my wife and I just purchased. I first need to get into the admin account so that can recalibrate screen and start installing the cameras
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is likely it, once I can get in. Well, also, I will need to update the firmware to make it operate with the latest MAC OS/X
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
10/19/2016
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually, no I do not, I have finally figured out my old password ***** have system set up.

I will make sure you get refunded.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service