Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

Alarm at the key pad is sounding.The message on the system

Customer Question
is "lobat". We've turned it...
Alarm at the key pad is sounding.The message on the system is "lobat". We've turned it off with the code and #1 but it keeps reactivating. Could you tell us what to do, please?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Ademco Vista/120
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Started about 45 minutes ago. We have
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
10/18/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The LO BAT message means, obviously and without question, a Low Battery condition.

This can result from one of a few causes:

1. the rechargeable backup power battery in the alarm system box has gone flat with age at last, and cannot hold charge. If that is the cause, then replacing the battery is the thing to start with.

2. the power line to the alarm system box may have been cut, or have failed, or have become otherwise inadequate. That can cause a low battery condition too, though it is much less likely and much less common... and should be quite easy to detect, too.

Let me know if you need further instructions, and I will advise you further.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you let me know where the battery is likely to be?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, it is 3.10am here - is there any way of just turning it off fully till we can get someone to look at it during the day tomorrow?

The battery is inside the main 'box', wall-mounted, of the alarm system. You may need a key to open the box. Or if you are desperate enough, to crowbar or pry it open.

Turning it Off fully can only be done destructively. The low battery condition will continue to sound.

On some, though, you can try the code, then End, then the code, then End.

For a Vista 120, try entering the code, then OFF.

That often disables the alarm.

To-Shay
To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering