Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I dont remember security password, Lorex 8ch blackbox 3

Customer Question
I dont remember security password JA...
I dont remember security password
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Lorex 8ch blackbox 3 model Lh030800 manufacture date 10-2014
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I remove power and battery.
JA: Anything else you want the security expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
9/1/2016
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

The default username is: admin

The default password *****: 000000

Did that work? If not, you will have to reset the device. You may reset the device to it's factory defaults by pushing the reset button on the device for 15 seconds. You will need to use a pin or a bent paperclip to access the reset button.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jason thank you for your help, but i have another question,
where is locate the reset button?

The reset button is located on the rear end of the device.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no reset button in the rear end of the device.

Please, verify what the model name is. You stated, "Lh030800 "

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model: LH03081TC4W
Serial: DK02141001245
Date: 10-14
ID: eco229355123

Now I cannot find the reset button on it.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

The only way to reset the unit is to call 1-***-***-****

The unit is then resetted remotely, and you can use it again.

Let me know how you go please.

Richard, Customer Service