Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I have a Gardtec 595 control panel (at least that's what the

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Gardtec...
Hi, I have a Gardtec 595 control panel (at least that's what the instructions say); I inherited it having not long moved into a new house. Since yesterday we have had the internal alarm signalling with the message "Fuse/bat fault check it!!!" I don't know what to do, I read elsewhere that it probably indicated a battery problem in the control Panel but I don't know where that is or what it looks like. Help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: The instructions say Gardtec 595 Control Panel So I'm assuming Gardtec 595
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Other than putting the code in to stop the sound every once in a while nothing. I unscrewed the front of the keypad and it revealed nothing there. There was a tamper alarm - which I again disabled with the code
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so. Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
8/20/2016
Electronics Technician: Michael, Technician replied 1 year ago
Michael
Michael, Technician

`

Im sorry to hear that.

Inside this panel is a battery that is likley dead and needs to be replaced. They last a few years but they fail if not cycled often. Its easy to replace but you need a special battery for this one.

Also, here is a link to the full user manual in case you need that as well.

http://southernlooks.science/mydoc/gardtec-595-user-manual.pdf

You can get a replacement battery from electronics stores like Radio Shack etc local to you or you can order a replacement from Gardtec as well: http://www.riscogroup.com/uk/products/category/gardtec

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Michael
Michael
Michael, Technician