Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

We just purchased a house with an Ademco alarm system. We do

Customer Question

We just purchased a house with an Ademco alarm system. We do not have a monitoring service at this time. Last night my wife accidentally pushed a button on the panel, and the alarm began to sound. We tried pushing several buttons, but it continues. We don't have any codes for it. I found a circuit breaker in the main breaker panel that turns off the power to the system, but when I reset the breaker, the alarm sounds again. Is there a master code I can use to reset/silence the system?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: My wife pushed the button about 2 and a half hours ago. I left the circuit breaker tripped for the past 2 hours, so we could sleep, but when I just reset it, the alarm sounded again, so I switched the breaker off again
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried pushing numerous buttons on the panel, but I don't know any codes to use
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi Steve

Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

You will need to know the user code to silence the alarm.

Can you contact the house seller or previous owner?