Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I too have a ademco model m6660. the alarm went off earlier

Customer Question
hi i too have a...
hi i too have a ademco model m6660.
the alarm went off earlier with a low battery message.
I turned it off. I found the control panel ( the key was in the lock)...so if the battery is low it is time to replace (it is probably 15 years old) so what model battery and where would i get it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
8/4/2016
Electronics Technician: Thomas, Technician replied 1 year ago
Thomas
Thomas, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

There should be a battery model on the battery itself. Do you see any writing on it that indicates a model number? You should also be able to see some information about the voltage level.

Everything I see on this model indicates that its a 12V7Ah battery. Double check that on your current battery. If that's the case, this one will work: http://amzn.to/2alWbDa

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
sorry it took so long to reply....the battery was turned around..model etc facing against the wall of the case. All of this is down in the basement, of course so .....Another question...any idea on how i could get a users manual for the m660...this was all handled by my husband and he died earlier this year so there is a lot I do not know as I am quickly finding out. I do know now that the control panel is a vista 20se.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you there

My apologies, I'm back now. Let me look that up for you.

Ok, I found the manual for you! Click here: http://www.security.honeywell.com/documents/vista20seUM.pdf

If I've been of any help, please leave a positive rating. If you need more help, I await your reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i thought thomas was handling this ...he is who i was talking to earlier
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: pearl no insult intended but where did you come from i was under the impression he was dealing with my additional question which was sorry it took so long to reply....the battery was turned around..model etc facing against the wall of the case. All of this is down in the basement, of course so .....Another question...any idea on how i could get a users manual for the m660...this was all handled by my husband and he died earlier this year so there is a lot I do not know as I am quickly finding out. I do know now that the control panel is a vista 20se.
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no....

Hi, have you found your way back? I found the manual for you! Click here: http://www.security.honeywell.com/documents/vista20seUM.pdf

Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Technician