Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

My adt gateway doesn't work after moving it across the room

Customer Question

my adt gateway doesn't work after moving it across the room from the computer, what's not connected?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What is the model number of the Gateway computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
computer is an imac, the gateway is an adt security device
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
adt home security. this device allows me to turn on/off alarm system
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
remotely w my iphone
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry but i would not have the expertise with handling alarm systems. i will opt out and open this question to my fellow experts and they will guide you

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have cable router, airport express (wireless internet) and ADT gateway (to access security system on cell). The cable router has one Ethernet connection which I have airport plugged into; the gateway is plugged into the airport; problem is, something May have disconnected when I move these? I talked to ADT Co. Today-no help, they claim I must have just ADT connected to router which would leave me without internet. Can't remember how these were connected or what's missing?!
Help ��
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Can you take a picture of the connections and send them to me? It sounds like something is wired incorrectly. A picture will tell me a lot.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent photos
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Ok, perfect. Now I need to know what the labels say where they are plugged in. Both the modem and the gateway please. This is the important part.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Rusty, I figured it out already; the wan not connected to modem and lan not connected to gateway of Adt they were switched), once i did that the key was to unplug every thing & re-plug in order (modem,airport then gateway)- now its working. Thanks for your time & help:)