Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

We have a Simon XT panel which is monitored by ADT. The

Customer Question
We have a Simon XT...
We have a Simon XT panel which is monitored by ADT. The panel indicates low battery on the upstairs master bedroom window. My husband has been in contact with ADT and was told to replace the battery on the sensor. He obtained a Panasonic battery and replaced the sensor battery. We are still receiving low battery beeping.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: at least 1.5 weeks. ADT wants $150 as a labor charge since the Simon XT does not have a service contract. I find this strange since an ADT technician recently came out to replace the battery and only charged a $25 trip charge at that time.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried running a System Test of the sensors multiple times and attempted to change the master bedroom window sensor battery as previously mentioned.
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Just trying to find out more trouble shooting techniquest/suggestions. We have a feeling this is a simple fix and not worth $150 visit from ADT.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
7/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its 4:30 -am, r u availAble at a later time to trouble shoot or can you send suggestions via email??

Sorry for the early morning interruption.

Yes, we can reply back and forth whenever it is suitable.

If the battery is confirmed as good (try swapping the battery with another sensor to test it) then there is a problem with the sensor itself.

ADT may charge less if you can wait until they are visiting the area for another callout.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How much longer will you be online today?

I am available throughout the day, 7 days a week.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What make micro sensor would take the CR 2032 disc battery,and be compatible with the Simon XT; does a micro sensor need to be on every window to form an effective security perimeter?

You can use the following Interlogix microsensors: https://www.amazon.com/Interlogix-Learn-Micro-Window-Detector/dp/B00070LZ4I

A microsensor on every window is not necessary if the room is difficult to access and has an internal room sensor.

Pete, Electronic Engineer