Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

GE security system keeps beeping with low system battery

Customer Question

GE security system keeps beeping with low system battery chimes. Nothing in the keypad. No idea what system battery it's referring to. How do I make this stop?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...GE security system..." particularly the system panel box or control module.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only things I can find is keypad model number 60-746-01. Where can I find panel or control module?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached. Does that help?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

The CC-RK0037 appears to be the box holding the control module

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

And yes; it would likely hold the battery as well. Per described symptom and message, check/replace this battery.

Please try opening it up to gain access to the inside components.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a big panel with all the network cables connected to hubs. I need to take out this this whole panel off the wall?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

The system panel box or control module would often just be about a foot square something like the image shown HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found this connected to this panel...
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Based on these pictures, the system panel box or control module would be further. Trace/follow the round gray cable from the DSL Alarm Filter unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes up into the wall...this panel starts in basement. I would have to break walls to trace.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Propose to start searching near the 60-746-01 Alpha-Numeric Touchpad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 3 of those keypads in the house. Where do you think the system battery is located? Again the message I get with the chimes is "system low battery"