Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I just bought a condo with the DSC Power Series 433 MHz. I

Customer Question
need to understand if it...
I just bought a condo with the DSC Power Series 433 MHz. I need to understand if it is in good working condition. I notice that some of the contact on the windows in the bed room were not installed. How do I contact someone for repairs?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I just moved into this condo on June 11th 2016
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I found the PDF on google. I try to trouble shoot it to see what happens.
JA: The security expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the DSC Power 632 (PC155MX). when I push key pad (*2) the number 3 appears.
6/15/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The code '3' in response to the 'star 2' trouble condition query, means that the telephone line is disconnected.

The telephone line connection is used for 'monitoring', so that the alarm can call somewhere if it detects an alarm condition. It's a service that must be paid for (alarm monitoring), even aside from the phone line expense.

If there's no other trouble than that, your alarm is in good condition and needs no repair. Do you still need references to alarm services co.s ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The contacts on the bed room window were broken off and sitting on the window seal. I need assistance with repairing the contacts. Also, I need service in how to contact someone to connect the service.

Any alarm service that services your region would do - if you began your inquiry to them by stating your alarm's model # (and they might require its serial number, who knows...), they could tell you whether they can help you with re-connecting the phone line monitoring service, and whether they service this model of alarm system.

Russell H., Service Tech