Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I have a PC5020 that I need to add a wireless door contact

Customer Question
due to a hardwire failure...
I have a PC5020 that I need to add a wireless door contact due to a hardwire failure. I have enrolled the device on 32. I went to 132 and turned 8 on. What is next step to set the contact to be instant?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
5/30/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there

Do you have a wireless receiver and other wireless zones already installed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a wireless receiver that I use only for key fobs. Those are working at this time. All other contacts are hardwired.

Ok, then you will also need to add a Wireless Universal Transmitter (WLS907) to allow the addition of wireless door or window contacts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a PC5132 which the installation guides states it supports wireless devices. I have the wireless contact which is already enrolled. Why would I need a WLS907?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The device I am using is a EV-DW4917 Recessed Door/Window Contact
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a used WLS907 that used to be in my daughter's apartment years ago. I would like to use the DW4917 since it will be hidden.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What I do not have is the magnet that goes with it so it will set the reed switches on/off. I have a contact in the door now that is not working due to the wiring to the door did not get connected and is missing in the ceiling. Can I use it with the WLS907? Again though I would like the DW4917 to work.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think I have it figured out. I need to go to 002 and scroll to the right till I get to where I need to put 03 in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I now have a zone alarm on 32. Section 804 for 32 has the right ESN. Section 132 has 00000008 and 002 in the last position has 03. What do I need to check now?

Once is a wireless receiver, the other is a wireless transmitter.

Do you have the WLS907 in use?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I have the 4917 in use. I even swapped batteries in it. I have a 2nd unit I can try but will need to change the ESN.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put batteries in the 907. The ESN is 237D8C what is the proper key strokes for this?

To enter the letters, press the appropriate number key repeatedly, e.g.

1 = A,B,C,1

2 = D,E,F,2

3 = G,H,I,3

and so on

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't I have to put a * before or after so it knows it is a letter?

You shouldn't have to put a *

Just press the number repeatedly.

Can you see the letter appear on the display?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Standby, read how to do it
On occasion, hexadecimal (HEX) digits may be required. To program
a HEX digit press the [*] key. The panel will enter HEX programming
and Ready light will begin to flash.
The following table indicates which number should be pressed to
enter the corresponding HEX digit:
1 = A 2 = B 3 = C 4 = D 5 = E 6 = F
After the correct HEX digit is entered the Ready light will continue to
flash. If another HEX digit is required press the corresponding number.
If a decimal digit is required press the [*] key again. The Ready
light will turn on solid and the panel will return to regular decimal
programming.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I change 803/32 to the 907. Waiting for the trouble light to go off.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant 804
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long should it take for the trouble light to go off? Is there anything I need to do to reset it?

To clear the trouble light, you will need to arm and disarm the system again.

If the trouble light stays on, locate and fix the cause of the trouble.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do you arm the system with a trouble light? Also, the trouble is still zone 32 which I just put the other wireless device on.

Try entering your code as normal to arm the system. Then enter it again to disarm it.

If zone 32 is causing trouble then something is amiss and the system may not allow you to arm it until that zone is sorted.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I stepped thru all of the zones and 32 had a 0 after it. I have one more new wireless device to try. If that fails I will need to change 32 from 03 to 00 and disable it. Missing a step somewhere along the line.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also wow hard is it to replace my LCD keypads with new PTK5507 v1.1 keypads? I have three LCD displays now. I bought four PTK5507s to replace the three and add a new one. Can I just power it all down and put the 5507s in place of the LCDs? I was waiting to do those till I got this one door done.

Ok, let me know how you get on with zone 32.

Replacing the keypads is straightforward - disarm the system, power it off, remove the old keypad, and wire in the replacement keypad. Then power it all on and clear the battery/time trouble.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I follow those steps and only replace one pad to make sure I don't have any issues? I am going to set 32 from 03 to 00 since there is something else going on.

Yes, you can replace just one keypad.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, I disabled 32 and the system can be armed. Need to figure out how to get that door contact to work so I can get our foster care supervisor to come back and inspect the system. Let me know if anything comes to mind.

I'm not sure how to get that door contact to work.. did you come up with anything?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to hardwire the contact and add a zone expander and now the door is 41. I replaced the keypads with no issue but cannot add the 4th which may be due to current limitations so I ordered a 5200 for additional current.
Pete, Electronic Engineer