Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a dvr in white screenJA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

i have a dvr in white screen
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home-Security Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my friend has a dvr which i belive to be h 264 with updated software then now just white screen im looking to reset it recotory setting
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Home-Security Technician should know?
Customer: i have some screen shots
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Home-Security Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you tell me please the model of the DVR?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the problem my friend bought the 8 chanel dvr for cctv company three years ago that went bankrupt i thought it was a active vision 360 as we scan with a wifi app that told the name but i have contacted them there have told us it not there, we uploaded the firmware for them up to it restarted and now only showing a white screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, looks like a repackaged chinese unit, so can be anything.But remove the power to it, (unplug it from the power socket)Wait 5 minutes, connect the power, turn it on and tell me if you still get the white screen please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not by the unit currently i did try turn it of 10 mintues and boot it again its didnt work , from looking on internet the sofware looks identical to h.264
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
h.264 is the format, all DVR's use this. its nothing about model or make.Did you try connecting a different monitor?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes on software it says dvr model : DVR
then model 579 cms76AP
i have a serial number and natid coudl you find it from that?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no, but they are mainly all chines models when they are like this, so not too helpfulbut the monitor, you tried this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did try a different monitor too it didnt work i installed active vision firmware 360 , is there any way of reversing it back to factory default
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, once you install a firmware you wipe the other one.But this confirms the issue, you have bricked the unit by installing a firmware thats not designed for it, even if you have the correct firmware, you cant load it back on as it has no methods of communication now. The only option is to replace the motherboard in the DVR
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have had the issue before with a dvr and manfactor sent me a recover file i booted from it and it restored it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If you get a recovery boot image you can do this, but not a firmware installation.But if you do not know the manufacture, you have no way of getting this.This is why I explain this conclusion.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
surely the details in images a serial number a natid number or at back barcode with name something there must lead us to the name of it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No, a serial number does not relate to anything, only a model number may help if its published online, but as I indicated with these Chinese machines usually not as they are resold multiple times from the original manufacture.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i found a item for sale in same area as where this came from
http://www.maltapark.com/item.aspx?ItemID=5119480
is there anyway finding this one
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, I see no company name or reference or even model on that picture. Can you call them and ask for the company name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he says the name on the box is the model name
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is no model name, but its likely he does not know himself either as its not there anywhere.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
alot of the ones on alibaba are Hikvision could it be that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
http://www.dvrmaster.com/downloads/DVR6000-6.1/site/DFVer.txt
this is the search of firmware brings me to
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I have seen hundreds over the years of working with these, and they all look very similar, and at one time one company brings them out, then it goes out of business, and another takes over and these are resellers usually for another resller which then has connection to the factory.It may be Hikvision, but I doubt it. Possible if you open it up you may see the original company on the motherboard, but even then its in Chinese, and usually they have no contact infoBut it is not firmware you need, as you cannot load that, its the boot image and the manufacture needs to give this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
opened up see attached pictures
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i still have no feedback fro you regarding pictures