Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Honeywell hdrp cctv hard drive, that I had given to

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell hdrp cctv hard drive, that I had given to me last year. I have just tried to use it and it is password ***** Is there any way of getting around this. Engineers password *****??
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. For DVR systems, the manufacturer usually is the one to appeal to, to do the password ***** (sometimes, remotely.)If all you have is the hard drive, then that's simple - if you just want to use it as a hard drive. Reformat it. That will clear it out, I think.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mate, that answer certainly isn't worth the £22 I paid. What you have told me I already knew. I read on forums that the hard drive I have does have an engineers password ***** will allow me to override the password ***** is set and to out a new one in. I don't just have the hard drive, I have the complete dvr. Now, does anybody on here have the info I require, because I am not paying £22 for generic information
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard of an engineer password ***** this hard drive, so I have Opted Out in favor of an Expert who might know. With apologies....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok mate, my apologies. This is my first experience of this site, so thought your answer was all I was getting. I'm hoping someone will give me the information I need.