Eric Billings
Eric Billings, President
Experience:  I have over 35 years of alarm experience, the last 19 years helping folks over the phone and e-mail with their alarm issues. I have been a JA customer since 2011, enrolled as an expert 10/26/15.
58743995

I HAVE A 49-450 ALARM AND HAVING TROUBLE HOOKING UP A DIGITAL

Customer Question

I HAVE A 49-450 ALARM AND HAVING TROUBLE HOOKING UP A DIGITAL KEYPAD NO.49-535
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. The SafeHouse 49-450 is not working with the keypad in some fashion. Just what is the problem, then?That keypad is said to be quite rare. It may be quite old. Is there any chance that it is simply defective? or perhaps that the SafeHouse 49-450 is defective instead? I would consider that possibility seriously, given that they both are somewhat classic as equipment goes. If there is a blank screen, or a lack of acknowledgement of the other device, on either device, then one of them is probably 'broken', unfortunately. But tell me about the problem, and I will advise you as appropriate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i want to install a d 49-435a to a 49-450c alarm and need the connections
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
I confess I don't have the connections data - I presume you mean the wiring? - for this classic equipment, so I have Opted Out in favor of an Expert who has the information you need on Tandy or SafeHouse 49-435a alarm systems/keypad/etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks russell
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.
I have provided the panel and keypad (40-535) diagrams and a few other documents.if you need more help please let me know.Just because it say's I am ready to be rated doesn't mean our conversation is over, it is merely an option. Please rate me when you feel it is appropriate (that's how us independent contractors get paid), they say the conversation can continue after the rating but I think it is more appropriate for you to wait until we near the end of the project.Regards,Eric
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the first fellow told me it was outdated so i just moved on...thanks for looking though