Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

We have a ge concord 4 series. We would like to disable it

Customer Question
since we don't use it...
We have a ge concord 4 series. We would like to disable it since we don't use it. We had a problem with our smoke detectors and since that time our security system keeps beeping. Small black ants had gotten into one of the smoke alarms. The security system has come on since we resolved that problem. We have canceled it and it comes on again hours later. Ex. 1:00am then at 7:50 am. It is always with 3 beeps. Can you help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
4/1/2016
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Service Tech
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I presume you wish to disable the security system altogether? or do you just wish to turn off the status beeps on the keypad? To turn off status beeps:http://help.livewatch.com/entries/21102642-How-to-turn-Status-Beeps-or-Key-Beeps-off-on-the-Concord-4 To disable the system, remove the batteries, and then disconnect the power. The power is hard-wired, and you may have to cut wires to do that. As for what three beeps means as a status: Either you have just Armed the system to Away status (i.e. you need to open a door and close a door, to complete the process, implying that you are outside and away from the house.)Or three beeps, repeatedly, means a fire alarm. (Or are the beeps long, short, then long? that's something else.) Note: when beeps sound, pressing * once will make the keypad screen show you what the problem is.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russell, thank you. We are out of town until Monday. Can I reply then?
That would be fine. No problem at all. Thanks for letting me know.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Russell, thanks for the information that our manual didn't address. When the security beeped we pushed the * and found the problem is with the sensors on the glass at the back of the house. We have checked all the windows and cannot find the sensors on the glass or the frames. The security just beeped again. I punched 5 to silent the alarm. It goes off for a number of hours and then sounds again.We don't want to cut any wires. Is there wire we can tighten or pull on the circuit board?
To deprive the alarm system of power, it would either have to be unplugged from power, removing the power connector(s) that is, or else it would have to have the power wires cut, starting with the 'hot' wire.
Russell H., Service Tech