Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Ademco vista 20. Just moved in house a year ago. I plugged…

Customer Question
Ademco vista 20. Just moved...
Ademco vista 20. Just moved in house a year ago. I plugged system in and always said ready with green light. If door opened the green light would go off. I wanted to start using it. I'm not connected to phone line. I tried to find code on line. Hoping there was a default code. I read power off and on press#* till code 00 or 20 comes up. Mine said 00. I pressed #20. Goes ready no code comes up and now goes armed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Security Systems
3/5/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 2 years ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi Mike,

If you have forgotten the code to arm/disarm the alarm system, then you will need the installer code to reset it.

The installer should have a note of the installer code if you don't have it available.