Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

Going to sell my Swann DVR camera system and I want to

Customer Question
delete all the data before...
Going to sell my Swann DVR camera system and I want to delete all the data before selling. Not sure how to do that?
Swann Pro Series HD 1080P 8 camera system 2TB
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Security Systems
2/18/2016
Electronics Technician: p0llinate, Technician replied 2 years ago
p0llinate
p0llinate, Technician

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

There are 2 steps for this. Rebooting just turns it off and back on.

You'll want to go into the setup menu under HDD, and then to FORMAT. This deletes all the footage.
Then in the advanced/system setup, you should see a restore or factory defaults setting, which clears out all your personal info (usernames, passwords, etc) and puts it back to factory new condition.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately. Rating 1 or 2, or not rating at all, does not produce a refund, it only penalizes me for trying to help.

Did you need more help with this?

p0llinate
p0llinate
p0llinate, Technician