Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

, i have a d630 remote panel connected to an omegalarm

Customer Question
Customer: hello JA: Thanks. Can...
Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a d630 remote panel connected to an omegalarm d6112. the aux battery dies so the console beeps every hour. we do not use the house alarm any longer. i took out the dead aux battery but kept the ac transformer plugged in. the beeping doesnt stop. i am afraid to pull the transformer from the wall socket for fear of setting off the siren. it is 3am here. i think think the external unit has a power supply too
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can try but it is very late here i will try to wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Security Systems
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I clear this beeping every hour by pressing (command 4) on the console. However, if I don't clear it will the full alarm go off even though it is fully powered through the AC? If I unplug my transformer from the wall will the siren go off? Does it have its own power supply. This whole system is old. The siren is in a box outside above the garage. The house is no longer being monitored by a service so I cannot call them out.
1/15/2016
Electronics Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi there,

The full alarm will not go over, however the aux battery will need to be replaced to stop the beeping.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi, so is the exterior siren also deriving power from internal console that the aux battery and the ac line goes into?

Yes, the siren also gets a bsckup power supply from the aux battery.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks. i killed it off.
Pete, Electronic Engineer