Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I need to sync a WS4920 extender to an RKF5501. How do pair

Customer Question

I need to sync a WS4920 extender to an RKF5501. How do pair the devices together and make sure my wireless sensors are seen by both. I was able to get sensors working on rfk5501 when they are close to unit and I got the wireless sensors paired with the ws4920 but when I go out of range of the rfk5501 the extender does not send signal back to keypad. How can i make sure the extender and keypad are synced. Thanks.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

You have to enroll the keypad, however, when I check the compatibility of the RFK5501, it doesn't reference the WS4920 as being a compatible unit...

See the attached file for the clipping from the installation manual, so it could be an issue of 2-way communication not being available between the two.

Obviously, if you know otherwise, let me know and I'll help you get it figured out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has to be compatible as I am replacing the same unit that went bad.