Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

, I would like to know how to reset swan NVR8-7200 to

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I would like to know how to reset swan NVR8-7200 to factory default
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Security Systems Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Generally - and I have confirmed that this is likely the best approach by research - you have to contact the manufacturer, to get a password ***** for a DVR box. The password ***** ***** to make the device highly secure, and there is no other known way to change it or reset it.

So please contact Swann's technical support, and they will (probably, from what I know of DVRs and procedures with them) remotely access your Swann DVR, if it is connected to internet, and reset the password ***** (You will probably have to prove to them, first, that you actually own the DVR.)

Contact them through

http://www.swann.com/us/contact-tech-support/

Before that, though, try the default password, which is

12345

- it might work, doubtfully. But it won't work if a (non-default) password ***** been set on the device already.