To-Shay
To-Shay, Electronic Security Engineering
Experience:  Long & Extensive experience in the Electronic Security Industry from Design, through to Installation & Ma
53917824

Key pad shows Lo Bat and beeps. Checked battery and it is

Customer Question

Key pad shows Lo Bat and beeps. Checked battery and it is fully charged. Charging u it which is 12 V and it is working. System installed new 1/13/03. What should I look for?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Eric Billings replied 1 year ago.

If the panel battery is the original you should definitely replace it. Manufacturers recommend ever 3-5 years. You are pushing a new record if it's original, (14 years is the most I've ever seen). Just because you read 12 volts on your meter doesn't mean that the battery isn't bad, the panel tests the battery under a load.

Just curious but what make and or model of alarm do you have? It sounds like you have an Ademco or Honeywell brand.

If it is also referencing a zone number as well as the low bat then you have a battery in a remote transmitter that needs replacing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The battery isPower Patrol, SLA1055 12 V, 5AH. Where could I buy the battery. The alarm system is Ademco.

Your best bet for cost is Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_8?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=sla+1055+battery&sprefix=sla+1055%2Caps%2C196

You may find it at most electronics stores, just try to avoid Radio Shack as their batteries don't seem to last as long as others. You may also find it at some hardware stores because these are the same batteries that are inside emergency exit lights.

Sorry for the delay getting back to you this afternoon, was out of the office with no cell coverage.