Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

My internal disk is full and the system keeps beeping and

Customer Question
shutting off and rebooting....
My internal disk is full and the system keeps beeping and shutting off and rebooting. Once it reboots I get a black screen in the middle the says. 1 Disk is found, Disk 1 : ST31000322CS 931 GB, Internal Disk Size: 931 GB, External Disk Size: 0 GB
ODD : NO CD/DVD. How do I get it to start recording again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Security Systems
11/2/2015
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the make and model of the device please?

Thank you

Lorex L23WD1600

Thanks

You will have to format the disk to clear up enough space so it can record again, you need to do this reguarly.

To do the format, Click the SETUP button in the Status Bar. then Click SYSTEM SETUP. then Click DISK MANAGE. Under FORMAT, click START. 2. From the Warning prompt, click OK to format the hard drive

Once done, it will function again and record.

Please let me know the results please.

But when I press the setup button nothing happens.

ok, remove the power to the unit (so unplug it from the power socket) and wait 10 minutes)

Then connect it again and then try

Let me know the results please.

Same, it is not doing anything no matter which button I push.

Thanks, ***** ***** the disk being full then else this would still work.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service