Home Security Systems

Home Security System Repair Questions? Ask a Technician.

Home Security Systems

I have an intruder alarm Securit 700L plus which we have not

Customer Question
used for years but today...
i have an intruder alarm Securit 700L plus which we have not used for years but today has gone off and the indicator panel lights up the tamper light.
the code do did not stop the alarm, the digits are lit but make no sound when pressed. whatever i press gets no reaction.
tamper light and power light are on but not flashing.
one of the sensors closest to the keypad is flashing red light.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Security Systems
10/7/2015
Electronics Technician: Neil, Technician replied 2 years ago
Neil, Technician

Hi

You will need to do a power down reset... You will need to find the control box which is about a foot and a half square that will be in the roof or in a cupboard near the ceiling...

Open this box and unplug the battery then turn off the power (it may be a plug pack near the box, if not just turn off the building power at the main and make sure the keypad goes dead then turn back on..

Nightmarealarm going off again. What next
I powered of the building as I don't know how to take battery out. Beeping from control then added my code i
All went quiet but tamper light still on . Then alarm bell sounding again after a couple of minutes.
I have a uk number that doesn't fit your form. ***********
Is anybody there?

Sorry but had waited for your reply... There is nothing that can be done without finding the control box I'm afraid. You have to be able to power the system down completely so you have to unplug the battery.. It is the big black unit at the bottom of the control box with a red and a black lead going to it, just unplug one lead then turn the power off...

I did power down and then replied to you asking what to do next and didn't hear from you for seven hours. Had to call someone else. Where did you go ?

Sorry but I am not on 24/7 and am in New Zealand so a different time zone

If you completely power the system down (power and battery) the alarm should go silent and the keypad should go dead

You have been charged but if you would like a refund just reply here "I want a refund" otherwise I can walk you through the reset power down process...

Sorry mate but i ended up paying someone else to sort this, so i do want a refund. it's not about your skills, just bad timing
Neil, Technician