Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I had to changed the network provider and when I login to

Customer Question

Hello, I had to changed the network provider and when I login to may cameras, I get the message (no connected). I need to enter the security Key from the new router. Can you help?
Category: Home Security Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Call service at this time.

I think that, if your router (and thus, the wireless encryption key) has changed, then you need to

A. find out what the new encryption key is, and

B. if your cameras are wireless, rather than being on a wired network, then you might need to reconfigure the cameras themselves, since if they are still trying to communicate with the old router that isn't there any more, using its encryption key value, then they will be out of touch altogether.