Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

Have Samsung SSC DVR. Is not recording. Want to know how to

Customer Question

have Samsung SSC DVR. Is not recording. Want to know how to replace memory card or memory stick or hard drive(not sure what it"s called) I think unit came with some type "key" to open it to install replacement "thing" . MY second choice is to find another
SSC DVR for my 4 camera system
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 2 years ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.

Most Samsung DVRs will have the hard drive (memory) bay located in the front left of the unit. You can usually pop the plate out or push on it to come out. I uploaded a picture on an example. Other units you have to unplug the power, then unscrew the screws and take out the hard drive from the inside.

Once you have the hard drive, you need to determine the size. There is a 2.5" and a 3.5". It is more than likely a 3.5". You can use any brand. I prefer www.bestbuy.com and getting a 1,000gb (1TB) WD Western Digital Black or Blue Series hard drive.

*Please Choose A Star Rating (or Smiley Face) On This Page Then Click Submit To Rate Your Professional Who Helped You.

Ratings Are Their Personal Background and Positive Ratings Help Their Score. JustAnswer Is Always Here To Answer Your Questions.

Chris