Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Why my trouble light on the panel continue to read low battery

Customer Question

Why my trouble light on the panel continue to read low battery when I have installed
a new battery?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. It will take quite some time or the battery to be charged up and not throw the error. Also, make sure that it's the battery is being fed with power from the mains – there's really no reason why it shouldn't be but be sure that's the case. And then of course, clear the alarm that is telling you that the battery is too low. Although it should clear itself, it may not all the time. If you have wall keypads or entry units and these are complaining about low batteries, they may only be referring to the batteries in the keypad itself. So, you have 2 types of batteries on a security system – usually you have the backup battery the big one that is by the security panel which is somewhere remote like in the basement or in a closet and then you have the batteries that are backups in case of power failure on the panels. This is in the case with all panels but if you're panels do have it then check and make sure the batteries in their are okay. If this doesn't help and you still have questions, please let me know. Mike