Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

I have a Vista 20p and have been getting Open Circuit messages

Customer Question

I have a Vista 20p and have been getting Open Circuit messages on all keypads after a bad storm Thursday night. Disconnected everything from the keyboard bus and connected each if the two panels by themselves with short jumpers to the panel. Same issue. Is the only thing left the main board itself? There's no evidence of scorching or other damage to the front or back if the board and the wall transformer is getting 125 volts and putting out 19.5 volts to the panel.
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Neil replied 2 years ago.
HiThose OC messages mean the keypads are not seeing the panel.... First do a power down reset on the panel, unplug the power and battery wait ten seconds and repower... But yes if no change then the keypad bus input has fried, this tends to happen only with a very near lightening strike and if so then may have taken the keypads out as well...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. I already left it unpowered overnight before doing those tests sink guess the panel is fried. The only other symptom is that the siren will go off about a minute after the OC message comes on.
Expert:  Neil replied 2 years ago.
Points to a fried mother board in the controller, you can often pickup them up cheaply on ebay... Just confirm any board you buy is unlocked and defaulted...