Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have a floureon cctv set up i must of clicked on something…

Customer Question
hi i have a floureon...
hi i have a floureon cctv set up i must of clicked on something now i have lost two cameras
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Security Systems
6/27/2015
Electronics Technician: Rusty, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. The first thing to do when cameras start to disconnect, is disconnect the power from the problem cameras for 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Let me know if that clears it up or not. If they are still a problem, we'll get into the settings on your DVR.
hi rusty that did not work all i have on cam 3 and 4 is noconfig?
Ok, I want to take a look at your DVR. Can you give me a model number from your DVR?
8CH Channel 1080P CCTV DVR HDMI Outdoor 1000TVL Video Security Camera System Kit
960H DVR★Onvif 1080P NVR★Waterproof Camera★Remote View★ is all i know about it can't find a model number
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261894881932?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Thank you, I'm looking up the specifics now. Give me a few minutes to look up some vital information.
I found the DVR, it is the Floureon 960H 4 channel DVR system, however I'm having trouble locating the manual. Do you have the manual that came with it? Here's what needs to be done: Reset the DVR to factory settings.If that doesn't work, I'll need you to go into the settings for the problem cameras, and tell me where they are set now. I'll also need your region so I can determine if you are in the PAL or NTSC region.
Ok, go ahead and delete those two cameras, then add them back in. Tell me the results. Did you locate your manual and the factory reset instructions? That will give you a fresh start, and I recommend that first. Take a look in your setup menu to see if you have a factory reset option.
only have basic manuals and done a reset as they said but still the same and i can not delete the cameras for some reason
On the reset, did you do a settings reset, or a complete factory reset?
Ok, hit select all, then OK. It should bring you back to the initial setup screen. Tell me the results.
still the same?
It's lost connection with the cameras, that's the bot***** *****ne. Look at the config for the 2 cameras that are working. Do you see a difference in settings from the 2 that are not working? The settings should all be the same.
any clue on how to get them back working?
Did you see a difference in settings from cameras 1-2 and 3-4?
yes but no matter what i try it will not let me change anything?
Ok, what settings are different?
device type its lisred as nothing on 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 are ipc
Ok, IPC requires a network connection and allows you to view your cameras from any computer, or your smart phone. Do you have that feature?
not yet as not set it all up just wanted it in the office for now
Ok, that is the problem. Internet Protocol Cameras (IPC) are different than your cameras. Will it allow you to change that particular setting?
no it just goes back to ipc they were working when i first put them in
I'm out of ideas. I'll open this question back up. Don't rate my service, and you won't be charged for my time.
ok thanks for your time
Electronics Technician: Neil, Technician replied 2 years ago
Neil, Technician
HiDifferent expert here Please take a photo of the back of your DVR, try to clearly show the camera connections... I want to see if two of the cameras (1 and 2) are coax connectors and if 3 and 4 are the blue cat5 network cables... Are cameras 3 and*****from the dvr?
Neil, Technician