Neil, Technician
Experience:  20 years experience in the alarm industry.
15873252

I have a floureon cctv set up i must of clicked on something

Customer Question

hi i have a floureon cctv set up i must of clicked on something now i have lost two cameras
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for entrusting me with your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert tab to reply to me in the reply box that pops open or, if the reply box is showing, just type your reply to me there. And please don't forget to rate me positive when we are finished. Let's get you fixed up so you can be on your way. The first thing to do when cameras start to disconnect, is disconnect the power from the problem cameras for 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Let me know if that clears it up or not. If they are still a problem, we'll get into the settings on your DVR.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi rusty that did not work all i have on cam 3 and 4 is noconfig?
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I want to take a look at your DVR. Can you give me a model number from your DVR?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
8CH Channel 1080P CCTV DVR HDMI Outdoor 1000TVL Video Security Camera System Kit
960H DVR★Onvif 1080P NVR★Waterproof Camera★Remote View★ is all i know about it can't find a model number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261894881932?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, I'm looking up the specifics now. Give me a few minutes to look up some vital information.
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
I found the DVR, it is the Floureon 960H 4 channel DVR system, however I'm having trouble locating the manual. Do you have the manual that came with it? Here's what needs to be done: Reset the DVR to factory settings.If that doesn't work, I'll need you to go into the settings for the problem cameras, and tell me where they are set now. I'll also need your region so I can determine if you are in the PAL or NTSC region.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried factory reset and didn't work we are pal here the image is what i get if i click on camera that says noconfig im not connected them to internet
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, go ahead and delete those two cameras, then add them back in. Tell me the results. Did you locate your manual and the factory reset instructions? That will give you a fresh start, and I recommend that first. Take a look in your setup menu to see if you have a factory reset option.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only have basic manuals and done a reset as they said but still the same and i can not delete the cameras for some reason
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
On the reset, did you do a settings reset, or a complete factory reset?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is all i have when i go to reset
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, hit select all, then OK. It should bring you back to the initial setup screen. Tell me the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still the same?
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
It's lost connection with the cameras, that's the bot***** *****ne. Look at the config for the 2 cameras that are working. Do you see a difference in settings from the 2 that are not working? The settings should all be the same.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
any clue on how to get them back working?
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Did you see a difference in settings from cameras 1-2 and 3-4?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes but no matter what i try it will not let me change anything?
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, what settings are different?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
device type its lisred as nothing on 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 are ipc
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, IPC requires a network connection and allows you to view your cameras from any computer, or your smart phone. Do you have that feature?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not yet as not set it all up just wanted it in the office for now
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
Ok, that is the problem. Internet Protocol Cameras (IPC) are different than your cameras. Will it allow you to change that particular setting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no it just goes back to ipc they were working when i first put them in
Expert:  Rusty replied 2 years ago.
I'm out of ideas. I'll open this question back up. Don't rate my service, and you won't be charged for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks for your time
Expert:  Neil replied 2 years ago.
HiDifferent expert here Please take a photo of the back of your DVR, try to clearly show the camera connections... I want to see if two of the cameras (1 and 2) are coax connectors and if 3 and 4 are the blue cat5 network cables... Are cameras 3 and*****from the dvr?