Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a Lorex L23WD800 8 channel system w/monitor. I've already

Customer Question

I have a Lorex L23WD800 8 channel system w/monitor. I've already had to replace it once and the camera cables just had to be replaced. Now it is moving extremely slow/barely responding to remote and manual commands (e.g. device buttons). Is there a way to hard reset one of these systems - will that even help?
Category: Home Security Systems
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
This problem may be due to the hard drive becoming corrupted or failing.
You can try a reset by removing the small internal battery:
1) Remove the power supply, then Remove cover on unit.
2) Remove the "button battery" , about the size of a quarter on the main board
3) PUSH AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON for about 15 seconds WITH the battery OUT.
4) With the BATTERY OUT Using a short piece of wire or a paper clip, SHORT OUT the battery terminals on the circuit board for 30 seconds to drain the system's capacitors
5) Re install the button battery and turn unit ON.
-------------------------------------------
If that does not help, then you can try replacing the hard drive - you can fit any similar SATA hard drive, it does not have to be exactly the same as the one that is currently fitted.
The specifications for a new one if you want to buy at a computer store, is: 500 GB 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
You can also find them available online, on Amazon, eBay, etc.
You will need to remove the cover, then remove the hard drive from the mount, and there will be 2 cables to unplug Then install the replacement hard drive and re-fit the cables.
You will then be prompted to "FORMAT" the new hard drive. Select "YES" and the unit, and it should go through the boot up and finally to the user screen, as normal.