Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have a Ge Networx NX-6v2 home alarm system. It was installed in…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Ge...
Hi, I have a Ge Networx NX-6v2 home alarm system. It was installed in 2009. I do not and have never had it monitored. One of the window sensors had gotten wet and the installer replaced it (also in 2009). However, that zone continues to be "lost". I can bypass the zone to stop it from beeping, but I have to do this twice a day and when I want to locally arm the system that window is not armed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Security Systems
6/3/2015
Electronics Technician: Neil, Technician replied 3 years ago
Neil, Technician
Hi
It sounds like the install code is the default which makes this easy...
So do you want to permanently disable the faulty zone or shall we try and fix the faulty zone?
I did not accept a membership plan for this service. I do not need it. Do not charge me for this.
Ok will cancel and put in a refund request for you
Thank you.