Home Security Systems

Home security system repair questions? Ask a technician.

I have a Honeywell System 1500e that came with

Customer Question
my house. I do...
I have a Honeywell System 1500e that came with my house. I do not want the expense of a land line or monitoring system. Is there a way for me to still operate the system without these? Also, is it possible to add a glass break sensor or two to this old system?
Tom
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Home Security Systems
6/3/2015
Electronics Technician: Neil, Technician replied 3 years ago
Neil, Technician
Hi
Yes there are several options...
1. Try to disable the monitoring function, for this we will need the installer code so try calling the installation company to see if they are prepared to assist. They may offer to fit the glass break sensor and set up new codes and disable the alarm for you for a fee. If no luck or want to try and do this yourself then we can try defaults but we may have to reset the alarm back to factory default and reprogram up from scratch.
2. Fit a line device that emulates a line and tricks the alarm into thinking its monitored.